SERVING SANTA CRUZ AND THE MONTEREY BAY AREA
My name is Kristin Nemzer and I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Certified Hypnotherapist, and a Childbirth Educator. I have a counseling practice at the Westside Healing Arts Center on the west side of Santa Cruz, California where I conduct private sessions both in person and by phone. I have been working as a therapist for over a decade and I love what I do. I am passionate about helping my clients find what they’re searching for in life.
I work with people who feel stuck on an issue or in their lives in general. I often hear my clients say that they know what they should be doing to shift their lives in a positive direction, but they are finding themselves unable to make that shift. My clients tend to be high-functioning people who want to make positive changes in order to fine-tune their lives. I work with individuals, couples, families, and groups.
Here are a few areas that I focus on with my clients:
- I help people who are being held back by anxiety to conquer their fears and create the life they want to live.
- I help people who are suffering from depression to regain their strength, focus, and will to live.
- I help people who have a negative relationship with food to find balance in their bodies and in their minds.
- I help couples who have built up resentments and lost the spark in their relationship to reconnect and find joy together again.
- I help people who are caught in a pattern of pleasing others to move into a healthier balance in their lives.
- I help people who are struggling with unhealthy habits to release those habits permanently and then to embrace a healthy lifestyle.
- I help people who are caught in a challenging relationship to find a peaceful resolution.
- I help people who feel trapped in their jobs or by their finances to conquer their fears and attain their desired careers and achievements.
MY PHILOSOPHY WHEN WORKING WITH CLIENTS
I use a unique combination of talk therapy, hypnotherapy, meditation, and shamanic journeying with my clients. I have found that most of my clients have spent a lot of time analyzing and talking about their stuck issue before entering my office. I work with clients to help them learn how to tap into a deeper level of connection so we can get to the root of their issue as quickly as possible. Hypnosis is one of the tools that I use in order to achieve this end. While there are many misconceptions about hypnosis, I have found it to be an incredibly helpful tool. In therapy I use hypnosis as a tool of excavation as my clients investigate and uncover the root cause of their present day issues. This allows healing and transformation to take hold deep inside. I use hypnosis, meditation, and shamanic journeying as tools to help my clients learn to connect to their own resources, strength, wisdom, and truth. To read more about how I work in therapy with my clients, please click here.
MY GOALS FOR THERAPY
My goal as a therapist is to help each of my clients feel more empowered, balanced, and whole in their lives. Achieving this allows each client to uncover his or her unique path toward leading a fulfilled and meaningful life. Seeing my clients achieve and embrace a life of being at ease is a gift I receive nearly every day.
Therapy should NOT be a life sentence. I believe therapy should be a way of moving your life in a more positive direction while creating long-lasting and life-affirming change. I do not believe that therapy needs to be a long-term commitment. I focus on working with my clients in an efficient manner that is tailored for their needs.
My website is here to provide you with information. If you’re wondering whether therapy might be helpful for you, please contact me to discuss working together. I have helped hundreds of people change their lives in many positive ways during my career as a therapist.
My email address is info@KristinNemzer.com and my direct and confidential phone number is 831-345-1500.
And if you’re ready to schedule an appointment with me, feel free to click on the Schedule Now button below to be directed to my online scheduling tool where you can schedule appointments with me 24/7. Feel free to send an email to me to be added to the waiting list in case an appointment opens sooner than what’s available online.
I’m teaching a workshop for couples titled “Heart Connection” on Saturday, October 11th. You can send me an email if you would like to receive more information or sign up by clicking the Schedule Now button below and choosing the “classes” link.
Kristin Nemzer, LMFT, CH